Beautiful Beginnings

I will start by sharing a really important fact about myself...I love eating! People say that they eat food to live but I am a completely opposite person, I live to eat food .
My brother always says that when I will start earning my money,I will probably spend it all on online food deliveries. I love eating chocolate, candies,burgers and all kinds of junk food that you can imagine.
My parents always tried to stop me from eating all this, but I never listened to them . Whenever I was stopped ,I threw a tantrum. I know that I was being a jerk,but that did not stop me from making my parents feel guilty for not letting me enjoy my life by having my favorite food .

As anyone would expect all this junk food made me regret a lot of decisions that I had taken in my life. I had taken my body for granted. I always thought that even after eating all this stuff I am able to fit into my old clothes so clearly I am not gaining weight. I did not realise that even though I was able to wear my old dress,it was very tight and looked unflattering.You might say that everybody is supposed to grow and our bodies develop...but I had just bought this dress a few months ago...Soon my skin also started to show signs of how it had been affected because of my eating habits. My skin became really oily and I had huge pimples. These also made me feel insecure and less confident.

I realised that the only way things could get better was by exercising. Now, another important fact about me is ...I am lazy . I would rather sleep on a dirty bed with unwashed clothes and dishes than changing the bed sheets and keeping all the stuff in the right places .So you can imagine how hard it must have been for me to accept the fact that exercising was the only way out for me .
I tried to find excuses and ways to get out of exercising. At one point I decided that I will stop eating food completely. That was clearly a stupid idea because first ,our body needs nutrients and a good balanced diet to survive and second, I have zero self resistance when it comes to food . My plan of not eating food was hardly successful till the afternoon.

Slowly and steadily I started changing my habits ,and I have to say that my parents and my brother were a big help . My mom loves chocolates and my dad is a big foodie, but for my sake they stopped getting sweets and other junk food from the grocery store.We made a pact to not order fast food except on Saturday's , which was my cheat day . I had a healthy diet and ate as much as I wanted to ,the only exception was carbs. That was the only thing which was excluded from my diet .
As for my excercise... you can say that I was a little resistant. I tried yoga , aerobics, dancing, jogging etc and I hated all of these activities. I really wanted to give up, but then I thought that I will give myself a time of two months. I decided that if I did not lose some weight in these two months then I am going to quit and go back to my normal routine of having cold pizza as breakfast.
I started with climbing up and down the stairs and doing some stretching excercises .After my body started getting used to it ,I added some squats and lunges. 
When I finally measured my weight after two months I was happy to see that I did lose weight. It was not much ,but it was definitely a good start .

Many people have called me fat and honestly I don't think of  it as an insult . Fat is just used to define a body structure , that is all . When I had gained weight people told me to eat less and excercise...but I never payed attention to them. It is my body and I decided that I  will make my own decisions. Nobody can tell you what to do about your body unless it is causing you harm physically or mentally. Physically I was not in a really bad condition, but mentally I was facing a lot of challenges. I had a certain image of myself in my mind and that was how I wanted to look in real life too .
 
All bodies are beautiful. It doesn't matter if you are skinny,short,fat or tall you should just love yourself. I think that being comfortable in your body is the most important thing. I did not lose weight to satisfy someone else or to fit in...I did this hardwork for MYSELF.
Of course there is still a long way to go , but I am feeling much happier and confident.


*Every body works differently...so what is successful for me ,might not work for someone else . You can contact a doctor or a dietitian for diet and body related issues. 

Comments

  1. UK it's nice to see people who dont use the word 'fat' as insulting. And yeah seeing you happier makes me wanna change myself too, not for others but for MYSELF.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone has a story

Chains

Mundane